RELIGIOUS ART | NEWS OF WEEK

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS NEWS
By TAHLIB
I have a bad habit. As Palestinians and Israelis clash and die in Gaza, I've remained a bystander. Tomorrow evening on Monday, July 28, the Islamic holydays of Ramadan end following a month of fasting and prayer to rid ourselves of bad habits. Prayers are said in the direction of the Kaaba, a cubed black building at the center of Mecca, and my prayer is that before Ramadan ends that I will stop being a bystander. That's why "Diversity" by Siddiqa Juma (above) is my NEWS OF WEEK.

In other religious art news from across the USA, and around the world:
Join the journey. When you follow religious artists, you look for others who do the same. Some of us join as "Collectors" and make policy decisions; others join as "Friends" who gather for the dialogues; and most of us join as "Subscribers" to this "free" weekly newsletter; (or follow on: Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, or Soundcloud).