Religious Tattoos

AOA NEWS
By Tahlib

CANADA - There is at least one website dedicated to Judeo-Christian body art (Tattoos): http://www.religioustattoos.net/ designed and maintained by Christian tattoo enthusiast Jason Gennaro,from Toronto, Canada. It's hotly debated in some religious circles whether this is a biblically sanctioned expression or an abomination (like eating lobster, gays marrying and polyester blends). My mom has two (one says "God"). My son has several with religious messages(stopped counting). For those with questions, Gennaro's site gives you access to what the Bible says (and doesn't say) about tattoos [click: Leviticus 19:28 ].


(Recent Stories in AOA News: "Hang Over ll" Leads to Ban of Religious Tattoo's for Tourists; Justin Bieber's Religious Tattoo; Bible Storytelling: Ancient Artform Helps Relay the Gospel; Sacred Ink Tattoo's in Thailand; Traces of Divine in Indian Tattoo's; Darren Brent's Religious Tattoo's; and David Beckham's New Jesus Tattoo)

Comments

Anonymous said…
How wonderful and appropriate. Bieber's mother should be very proud of the good Christian values.

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD" (Leviticus 19:28 KJV).

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are" (1 Corinthians 3:16-17 KJV)
As a Christian, I've been inspired by the tattoo branding of Christian's around the world. I also respect the traditions of Hindus, Buddhists and others, and in their tattoos, I seek to find a message for my own Christian journey. Through my readings of scripture and through prayer I can speak with self-certainty that tattoos in praise of God pleases him. However, I can speak only for myself and my relationship with him. I am grateful for Christians like Jason Gennaro for pulling together such an informative site on where we don't all agree.

Popular Posts