Artist: Gilbert Young | Atlanta

"My objective is to illustrate Black life as a positive form locked in matrimony with mankind. I attempt to treat each work as a personal and intimate involvement with the subject. This allows it to develop its own distinctive character while I form my own interpretation. Many times I restrict my use of color and leave the backgrounds white and uncluttered in an attempt to show that emotions and feelings of mankind are timeless and universal." These are the words of Gilbert Young, painter, muralist, sculptor, graphic artist, conservator and arts advocate. Born and raised in Cincinnati, his talent was discernible at an early age. He studied at the Cincinnati Art Academy and University of Cincinnati, and received conservation training under the tutelage of Byron Adams. (Source: Craigslist)

Comments

Popular Posts