Christian's Getting Inked in Sweden

THE LOCAL
By Emy Gelb

SWEDEN - As more and more Swedes roll up their sleeves and trouser legs to get tattoos, contributor Emy Gelb takes a look at what inspires Swedes to let their bodies become walking works of art. “I am a Christian, and I always have God with me so I am getting a tattoo that says ‘Never Alone’ on my foot. It will always remind me of my faith. I think tattoos are pretty, and this is something that I can stand for the rest of my life," explains Johanna, an 18-year-old visitor at East Street. "I’ve been thinking about it for a year and a half, but I’m ready. A little bit nervous too," she said as she prepared for her first tattoo. Media coverage and pop culture have helped to make tattoos a mainstream trend. [link]

Comments

Popular Posts