Movie Review: Eat, Love & Pray

AOA NEWS
By Greg Disney
“Eat Pray Love,” starring my favorite actress Julia Roberts is a movie about self-awareness, interlaced with adventure, romance and spiritual discovery. The three themes "eating," "praying" and "loving" are all fully explored in a way that makes you envy, and admire her experience. Yes, her explorations with food in Italy make you hungry for spaghetti and pizza; and her sexual relationships are also enticing; but its the religious awakening that stands out. On Bali, an island that is now on my bucket-list, Liz (Julia Robert's character) studies under an elderly shaman and finally awakens a peace, and freedom inside she knew was there but couldn't awaken on her own.

Comments

What most suprises me about the reference to this movie is that I assumed that this was a buddhist monastery. Hindusim never came to mind, but the elephant...now I recall the elephant!

Popular Posts