Eboo Patel: Teaching Kids Religious Diversity in America

USA TODAY
By Eboo Patel

The first time I heard my 3-year-old son say the Lord's Prayer, I felt like a fraud. We are, after all, Muslim. When I speak before audiences, one of the most frequent questions I get as the founder of an interfaith youth group is, "How young is too young for children to engage with kids from other religions?" In a world of many different people and prayers, perhaps the most relevant lesson we teach our children is this: a religiously diverse world makes your religion even more relevant; it marks your concern with and care for your friends from all religions. [link]

Comments

I love to hear Eboo Patel speak! I am also proud Alpha Omega Project fosters such a program bring youth together of different religious backgrounds to share and grow with each other!
When Eboo spoke at the University of Indianapolis a few years ago, he helped to inspire much of the work we are doing today with youth. That's where the journey begins.

Popular Posts