Tenzing Wangdak Lama: Teaching Buddhist Thangka Art Over Internet

BUSINESS STANDARD
Image of artist from Tibetan Artists blog
INDIA---The northeast, which has over the years produced many talents, has added another feather to its cap through Tenzing Wangdak Lama, a young Buddhist thangka artist from Sikkim, who not only paints but also teaches thangka painting through the internet. Earlier, Lama worked in the paddy fields for a livelihood. But that changed when he became fascinated with the traditional Buddhist art form. He studied at Tibetan Bon Monastery at Ravangla where he learned Thangka painting. Since then, painting has been a passion for him. "Those who are interested in Thangka painting can log on to my website, and I teach them for free. I have dedicated my whole life to making thangkas. Through this money, I earn my livelihood," he added. [link]