By Gregory Disney-Britton
While walking to work, I was feeling anxious when a sprinkle of rain fell on my head causing me to look up to witness a monumental rainbow. This week, a study showed a sharp decline in American Christianity but the Metropolitan Museum of Art put on display a Christian art masterpiece by American painter Aaron Douglas. I need such reminders. In Psalms 118, the Jewish King stirs his friends to credit God for the good things done already, and for the good to come. Such reminders, fill me up with thanks, and that's why "Let My People Go" (above) by Aaron Douglas is my NEWS OF WEEK.
In other religious art news from across the USA, and around the world:
- Buddhist Art of Week: Wang Quingsong explores the religious consumerism [More News]
- Christian Art of Week: Santu Mofokeng’s “Easter Sunday Church Service” [More News]
- Hindu Art of Week: 10th century statue of Hindu god returned to Cambodia [More News]
- Islamic Art of Week: Islamic art wing reopens at the Art Institute of Chicago [More News]
- Jewish Art of Week: Torah scroll is stolen from a hospital synagogue in Israel [More News]