Judaism and art intersect as meta-language in Ruth Feldman's "Counting the Omer"

JEWISH EXPONENT
By Rachel Kurland
“Tzfat” is one of several paintings in Ruth Feldman’s exhibit, which will be on display at Gratz College. | Ruth Feldman Art © 2018
MELROSE PARK, PA---When it comes to counting the omer, Ruth Feldman isn’t so concerned with numbers. Instead, she focuses on the growth of self rather than the growth of barley. Feldman, who lives in Lower Merion, paints acrylic and oil abstracts of nature and landscapes. Her paintings explore physical and spiritual growth. Curated by Bryant Girsch, her solo exhibit, called Counting the Omer, will be on display at the Gratz College Leona P. Kramer Gallery from April 15 to May 30. Feldman will lead the artist’s reception April 15 at 1:30 p.m. “I paint from my soul,” she explains on her website. “I believe that creativity is a spiritual response to living in the natural world. I paint not what I see, but rather what I don’t see — I try to paint what I feel.” [More]