Gregory Disney-Britton, and welcome to the Alpha & Omega Project for Contemporary Religious Arts. Ernest and I started this project in 2008 when we were living in New York City. Today, our project includes an art news website, e-newsletter, an annual artist prize (see below), and both a summer and winter tour. We collect contemporary religious-themed paintings, photographs, 3D works, and even dime-store copies of Old Masters. A few favorites from our collection are: Anila Quayyum Agha, Barnaby Barford, Niccolo Cosme, and Salvador Dali.
|2008 - 2018 Artists of the Year|
- 2018 - John Gutoskey (MI) for "PULSE Nightclub: 49 Elegies"
- 2017 - Kelvin Burzon (OH) for "Noli Me Tangere"
- 2016 - *Philip Campbell (IN) for "Rising From the Fire"
- 2015 - Donald Jackson (UK) for "The Saint John's Bible"
- 2014 - Anila Quayyum Agha (IN) for "Intersections"
- 2013 - Makoto Fujimura (NJ) for "Golden Sea"
- 2012 - Siona Benjamin (NJ) for "Find Home"
- 2011 - Banksy (UK) for "Stained Window"
- 2010 - Thomas Blackshear (KS) for "Saint Teresa"
- 2009 - Helen Zughaib (DC) for "Midnight Prayers"
- 2008 - Kehinde Wiley (NY) for "The Dead Christ in a Tomb"