Michael Levin's exploration of Hasidic dress makes this very point. What we wear is a reminder to ourselves of who we are inside, and that makes "Eidah on Agudas″ (above) from Michael Levin's "Jews of Today" series my NEWS OF WEEK.
In other religious art news from across the USA, and around the world:
- Buddhist Art of Week: "Contemporary Tibetan Art” at Dorsky Museum of Art. [More News]
- Christian Art of Week: Tiffany’s Religious Art Moves From Churches to Homes. [More News]
- Hindu Art of Week: A Hindu Tribal Museum Transforms Oral Narratives. [More News]
- Islamic Art of Week: Brother Duo Spreads Islamic Values Through Comics. [More News]
- Judaic Art of Week: In "Asher Lev", a Jewish Boy Dares to Pursue His Dreams. [More News]