Heavenly Ratings | OH

By ERNEST BRITTON

If you enjoy exploring new God's Art Museums as much as I do, you should also make "Church Rater" one of your online destinations. I visited Cincinnati Ohio's Come As You Are sanctuary this weekend and I  posted my first rating on Church Rater. You can do it too, and if more people will add their comments about the visual arts inside it'll prove to be a powerful complement to this blogsite.

While in Ohio, I also learned that later this fall, the Cleveland Museum of Art (CMA) will premiere a groundbreaking exhibition examining the role of relics and reliquaries in the development of Christianity and the visual arts. Treasures of Heaven: Saints, Relics, and Devotion in Medieval Europe is the first major exhibition in the United States to consider the history of relics and reliquaries and will feature more than 150 works of art from Late Antiquity, the Middle Ages and early modern Europe.

The exhibition runs at CMA from Oct. 17, 2010, to Jan. 17, 2011, before traveling to the Walters Art Museum in Baltimore and the British Museum in London. I will have to line up Cleveland churches to rate during the visit too.

Comments

Popular Posts