Indianapolis Film Festival is a "Truly Moving" Experience

AOA NEWS
By Ernest Britton

INDIANA - Going to New York's Tribeca Film Festival in 2009, founded by Robert DeNiro, was an electric experience even though I was bored by the strange conceptual film on view. So, I had low expectations for the independent film's to be presented at the Heartland Film Festival (HFF) in Indianapolis. Thanks to my friend Ted, I found out I was so wrong! Rather than presenting cutting-edge conceptual NYC-style films, the HFF is loaded with inspirational, heartwarming fare that just makes you feel good. They even have an awards program where they name pictures, "Truly Moving" or not. No, Indiana's HFF doesn't have the gritty, thrills and excitement of a NYC film festival, although I did meet actor Don Moss (Happy Days) and the writer/director of a fantastic religious/baseball film, The Yankles; instead it's just filled with movies you want to talk about because you leave inspired. I only saw three of the 102 films: "Yankles", "The Cafe", and "Among Us" but all three made me cry,  and feel blessed to be there.

Comments