The Mark of Cain - The Making of an Exhibition

JEWISH ART SALON
By Angela Levine - Midnight East
"Untitled (Cain and Abel)" by Adi Nes | 2004
ISRAEL - Distressing, controversial, politicized, these are just some of the adjectives that might be applied to the works in Portraits of Cain, the new exhibition mounted at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. Featured there are some 100 works, photos, paintings, prints and sculpture by 28 Israeli artists, past and present. This exhibition is warmly recommended both for the variety of topics it deals with and the questions they raise, and for its immaculate presentation, a model of its kind. The Senate Gallery, Ben Gurion University, Beersheba. Till June 10th. [link]

Comments

Gotta love the aggression in the photographs of Adi Nes. I love agression. I guess that's why I love NYC. Wish my wife felt same.
Anonymous said…
I don't share your passion for the aggression in artwork, but I do share your excitement about Adi Nes. I remember the first time I saw his work back in 2009 at the Armory Show. Great artist. Beautiful day. Nice memory.

http://alphaomegaarts.blogspot.com/2009/04/armory-nyc_4764.html

Popular Posts