"Temptation" (2005) by Peter Howson for LENT

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS
By Tahlib
"Temptation" (2005) by Peter Howson
Each Easter season, mostly by accident, I pick one artist to help focus my spiritual energies. This year, thanks to the assistance of gallerist Matthew Flowers, I've choosen Peter Howson. A few weeks ago, I asked Flowers which American museums have Howson's In their collections? I am already familiar with a few of his collectors such as Madonna but my chances to see his works there seemed limited, so I hoped for a Midwest connection. He graciously responded, "Howson works can be found at the Met and MOMA in NY. http://peterhowson.net for more collections." Well, it's not the short drive I had hoped for to Chicago, Detroit, Saint Louis or Indianapolis, but I'm looking forward to visting his works in MOMA and the Met one day soon--after Easter.

Comments

Popular Posts