Movie Review: iFrankenstein is a Biblical Sci-Fi Rock Opera

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS
By TAHLIB
HOLLYWOOD---About a year ago, I downloaded Mary Shelley's classic horror novel "Frankenstein" to my iPad but I've yet to read a single page. However, now after tonight's rock-opera adventure with "iFrankenstein," I'm inspired to begin the read anew. I totally enjoyed this sci-fi remake where the monster Frankenstein is now named "Adam," and becomes a superhero biblical savior fighting alongside of God fearing gargoyles "dispatching demons down to hell." It's a fast-paced, brooding, sensual, campy and over the top grand Opera, and I enjoyed every wacky wingbeat of it. If you prefer the boring Oscar contenders like "American Hustle" (which I hated) but Roger Ebert-clones loved, then avoid this picture. However, if you just want a biblical sci-fi joy ride---don't miss "iFrankenstein."

Popular Posts