RELIGIOUS ART | PRIZE OF WEEK

THE ALPHA OMEGA ARTS
By TAHLIB
"If I Forget Thee o Jerusalem" now on view at the Museum of Biblical Art in Dallas
This past week, Texas-based artist Barbara Hines was featured in The Houston Chronicle for her discovery that she has Jewish ancestors. Hines is an abstract painter whose recent work is inspired by her discovery of that religious connection. Hines paintings are now on display at the Museum of Biblical Art in Dallas in a show, titled "Mysteries, Signs and Wonders" at the museum's center for Jewish Art. Religious connections make "If I Forget Thee O Jerusalem" my NEWS OF WEEK.

In other religious art news from across the USA, and around the world:
If you are inspired by the daily art news and/or the annual prizes that A&O readers select each year, please show your support. The Alpha & Omega Project for Contemporary Religious Arts is an all volunteer effort, and it takes a lot of time, talent, and also money to produce this year-round celebration of art of the religious imagination. Please share this e-news; follow us on Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, or Soundcloud. We also appreciate donations of every size at www.alphaomegaprize.org.

Comments

When I disovered my ancestral roots, I traveled to Senegal and have never been more certain of my future.