Op-Ed: Noah's Ark Theme Park is Impressive, But Its ‘Facts’ Don’t Hold Water

MIAMI HERALD
By Tom Eblen
Kentucky Noah’s Ark attraction has state tax incentives
KENTUCKY---Curiosity finally got the best of me. I had to drive up I-75 and see Noah’s Ark. I found the ark to be an impressive piece of woodcraft, which made me feel better about paying $40 to see it. (It cost another $10 to park in the 4,000-space parking lot, which was only a fraction full.) Answers in Genesis, the ministry that built the $100 million Ark Encounter theme park, calls it the world’s largest timber-frame structure. It also is a slick piece of propaganda.... But I didn’t come to Ark Encounter as an atheist. I came as a mainstream Christian, and two things bothered me: Answers in Genesis’ claim that its pseudo-science is “true” Christianity, and some critics’ assumption that all Christians are anti-science rubes. [link]