Dayton, Ohio artist, Matt Burgy seeks to evangelize with his artwork

DAYTON DAILY NEWS
By Pamela Dillon
Matthew R. Burgy in his Waynesville studio.
OHIO - Visual artists typically have an evolving passion for an idea or cause that drives their creativity. The intensity of their feelings motivates them to a higher level. Waynesville resident Matthew R. Burgy, 29, is one such artist. Burgy also enjoys using abstract imagery to represent his faith. “Catholics believe perfect-sided shapes and solid white squares represent the divine,” Burgy said. “I want to use abstraction as part of my ministry to try to communicate the heart of the issues. Then I have to explain their meanings.”[link]

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am excited about his passion for evangelism, although puzzled by his insights into Catholic perspective on religious art. What's the source for this? This will prompt me to do some Googling.
I share your excitement for Matt's passion and hope I meet him one day soon.

Popular Posts