Introducing Romero Britto

ALEX AND ANI
By Brendan Cunha
Photo of Romero Britto by Sergey Bermeniev
With the Olympic Games in full swing, we’re getting super excited about our upcoming collection in partnership with Brazil-native, Romero Britto. His colorful style and positive mission inspired us to bring to life something both his fans and ours will truly love. We had the privilege of chatting with the accomplished artist and here’s what he had to say:

ALEX AND ANI (AA): The mission of your art closely aligns with the mission of our jewelry. What do you love most about empowering and inspiring others?
Romero Britto (RB): My everyday hope is that people feel happy when they see my art.

AA: Where do you find inspiration for your art?
RB: I find inspiration everyday. I find inspiration when I travel and meet new people.

AA: What role does color play in your art?
RB: To me, bright colors evoke feelings of joy and happiness. My favorite color is yellow, the color of the sun and life. Did you know that studies have shown that bright colors can improve your mood, your memory, your confidence, even your mental and physical agility? It’s amazing to think that my works can have such an affect on people.

AA: You were named an ambassador for the Olympics. What does this role entail? What are you looking forward to most?
RB: It was a true honor to have been appointed Global Ambassador to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games by the Olympic Committee of Brazil. The Olympics bring us all together to remind us of the ways in which we are united.

AA: We’re excited for our upcoming collaboration. What do you hope fans get from it?
RB: I love the idea of people having art and happiness so close to them, I hope it reminds them the importance to smile everyday.

We hope you love this exciting endeavor as much as we have loved creating it for you. In the meantime, enjoy the Rio Games!

This post was written by Brendon Cunha [link]