By Gregory & Ernest Disney-Britton
|Confiscated bibles in “El Sueño Americano (The American Dream)” by Tom Kiefer|
NEWS OF WEEK from across the USA, and around the world, see below:
- Photographer of the Week: Mikhael Subotzky explores the relationship between social storytelling and religion in his third monograph, "Ponte City (Steidl, 2014)".
- Restoration of the Week: "Mystic Lamb", a 15th-century Flemish masterpiece by the Van Eyck brothers is unveiled.
- Acquisition of the Week: Léopold Flameng after Eugène Delacroix, St. Sébastien secouru, ca. 1870s etching is gifted to Fairfield University Art Museum.
- American Exhibition of the Week: "Spain: 500 Years of Spanish Painting from the Museums of Madrid" (June 23–September 16, 2018 ) at San Antonio Museum of Art in TX
- European Exhibition of the Week: "Corita Kent: Get With the Action" now open at Ditchling Museum of Art and Craft (October 14, 2018) in the UK
Are you an artist? Are you a collector? If you like what you see each week, please invite a friend to subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter. You can also follow us weekly on Twitter, Facebook, or Soundcloud but only subscribers can vote for the Alpha Omega Prize. It is our annual recognition each November 1st of one artist's impact on religious dialogue in America.
|Photography of the Week|
|Acquisition of the Week|
|Restoration of the Week|
|American Exhibition of the Week|
|European Exhibition of the Week|