2019 Resolutions: Trying It Again

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS
By Ernest Disney-Britton
EL Greco's "Saint Peter in Tears" (1587-1596), El Greco Museum Museum in Toledo, Spain. Image courtesy of Sotheby's
Trying again! I am counting on my friends to help me make my “2019” resolutions: 1. Read more. 2. Run more. 3. Pray more. I made the similar resolutions in 2018, so why will it be different this year? This year, I’ll turn sixty, and it will be the best year of my life. Last year, I took on reading the entire Bible in one year, but I gave up in August. There will be no health issue this year. Last year, I watched Greg run two mini-marathons, but I’ve not run more than a 50-yard dash since elementary school. I’m now registered for the Indy500 Mini-Marathon. Last year, I also hoped to pray more and not just the quick ditties that we recite at meal time. This year, I’ve signed up for the couple’s prayer retreat at our church, LifeJourney Church. My silver year will be my best year yet. [link]