Six Artists For Six Decades of Growing In Christ

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS
My 60s
At Eastern Michigan University, I found my path to college graduation with a major in art management, and I found the Roman Catholic faith. Now, at the beginning of my 60th year, I began combing through the blog what I share with my husband, Gregory Disney-Britton, and looking for images that reflect each decade of my life. At our home in Indianapolis, we display some 60 works by artists including many we discovered them through our daily blog research, such a Nicollo Cosme. Others we acquired following our annual reader's poll, the Alpha Omega Prize such as winners Kelvin Burzon (2017), and Kehinde Wiley (2008).

I grew-up with a print of "Christ in Gethsemene” hanging in my grandmother's living room. It was the centerpiece of all important family occassions, from Christmas Play to piano recitals, to playing dominos on the carpet. Kelvin Burzon.




Adrian Kellard, "The Promise," 1989. Latex on wood. Courtesy of the Estate of Adrian Kellard.