"Dreidel" (2012) by Arica Simon. Video | 7th Grade

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS
By Arica Simon
When I think about play and my Jewish heritage, dreidel is the first thing that comes to mind. Every time I spin a dreidel it brings up memories of playing with my family and friends. Dreidel can be fun with one, two, or many players and there are many variations to playing dreidel. Dreidel is probably the best known Jewish game because there are many songs written about it. I chose to use photographs of a spinning dreidel and to combine them into a video as I believe this shows more of the action of the moving dreidel. [Vote on FaceBook]

Indiana Interchurch Center: "2012 A&O Prize for Youth: Swinging My Feet" (Ends December 31, 2012), 1100 W. 42nd Street, IIC Gallery, Indianapolis, IN (317) 923-3617, alphaomegaarts.org