RELIGIOUS ART | NEWS OF WEEK

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS NEWS
By TAHLIB
So--how did this Arts administrator find himself knee-deep in an Arts movement launched to inspire dialogues about the world's faith traditions? Good question. For 10-years, I worked at a midwest museum, and then I fell in love. Inspired by the Underground Railroad, my fiancé and I drove to Canada to marry in a tiny church, and on the day we returned to the U.S., we read that a judge had just ruled that our "gay" marriage was now legal in New York. Six-month's later, I moved to NYC to direct a national dialogue program on marriage targeting the open-minded. When I think back, it's clear how my museum and marriage work merged to create the Alpha & Omega Project for Contemporary Religious Arts. We praise those open to a different perspective, and that's why "The Resurrection" (above) by Eny Roland is my NEWS OF WEEK.

In other religious art news from across the USA, and around the world:
We are all members, united in the search for human meaning through art from the religious imagination. For us, it's more than Art. It's Religion. We follow artists who explore religious ideas with their creativity. When you follow religious artists, you join others who do the same. Some of us join as "Collectors" and make board decisions; others join as "Friends" who gather for the dialogues; and most of us join as "Subscribers" to this "free" weekly newsletterAll vote for the Alpha & Omega Prize.