RELIGIOUS ART | NEWS OF WEEK

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS
By Tahlib, Seeker of Truth
23 – Exalter (Ar-Rafi’)
When I ask a Muslim what makes them a Muslim, I get a clear response of actions including that "I observe Ramadan." They mark it with a month-long period of fasting and prayer and worship. We are now in the first week of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, ending Friday July 17. This year, I too will mark it with a set of Ramadan Resolutions, but from my own Christian perspective. It includes  prayers for peace; fasting each day; reading the Quran; and making my art-of-the-day: Islamic art. In honor of Ramadan, "Exalter (Ar-Rafi’)" (above) by Andrew Kosorok is my NEWS OF WEEK.

In other religious art news from across the USA, and around the world:
Do you like what you see? Please share our monthly e-news; and follow us weekly on Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, or Soundcloud. Each November 1st, we also accept donations to support the religious work of artists at alphaomegaprize.org.