Blogging Lessons this Week

This week was a good blogging experiment even if we received very few responses. We tested 3-days of telling "Ryans" story and 1-day of Greg post on a Ryan story. Here's what I happened:
  1. Our readers were unresponsive to stories about Ryan. As the week went on, we recieved fewer and fewer replies.
  2. When I tested a post by you, our readers didn't respond. Was it the final straw about Ryan; was it simply unfunny, or was it because it wasn't from me?
  3. On Friday, when we returned to the norm of me posting about me, we go tons of responses, even from people who never respond. The big key about Friday responses was they I asked what others were doing and not just telling about self.
Here's what I believe:
  1. One story a week about someone other than us is funny but not every day.
  2. We should do one post a week from you. I don't think our readers, who are mostly my friends know how to respond.
  3. You should do the weekly Friday post. Not only sharing the weekend schedule, and my writing update but most importantly asking readers for their personal thoughts.
  4. We need to be careful about introducing new people. The experiences of people like Ryan may come off as Green Acres fake vs personal and true. We need to keep the reflections personal versus about someone else they dont know.
  5. Lastly, I believe we can introduce new people (neighbors) but we can't do it more than once a week and it must still be our personal story versus that neighbors story.
What do you think baby? What did you see and learn from this week's experiment?

Comments

Popular Posts