Religiousless Christians

Pastor Jeff preached. St. Paul reminds us that sin is a universal problem and so many turn to conventional religion. However religion often turns people toward greater sin (harm to others). "Where are the churches" when it comes to fighting sin? What if we considered "Religionless Christianity"?

St. Paul offered a model of Christ's model for religionless Christianity beginning with the story of Abraham, the father of Judaism, Islam and Christianity. Most of us live by mindlessly copying what others do but In Roman 3 and 4, Abraham sensed that there was more to life than copying. Something "awakened inside" Abraham and he began an ongoing conversation with God.

In James 2:23, "Abraham was called the friend of God." One day, God said "come with me" and he left his homeland to follow Godn and to travel God's path. He "fell in love with God" said Pastor Jeff and in God's promise. Genesis 15:6 "And Abraham believed the Lord, and the Lord reckoned it to him as righteousness." Abraham believed but what is "belief"?

"Belief" (or "faith") means a state of heart and mind in which ...

1. Fall in love with God
2. Begin a genuine conversation with God.
3. Grow to trust God unconditionally.
4. Want to know and work beside God.
5. Are willing to surrender everything to do so.

A relationship with God is about being fully engaged in a genuine dialogue with God. Listening, learning, reflecting and following God's path with total trust. I am so aware of my continuing dialogue with God but do I yet trust in him enough to follow him on his path? Perhaps I still see being a Christian as following rules verus just knowing "I can do this for God."

Pastor Jeff asked us to begin our Abrahamic relationship with God:

1. Pray to God that you want to begin an interactive dialogue with God.
2. Fill out worship form to talk to Pastor Jeff.
3. Signup for Discipleship 101.

Pastor Jeff closed with, "Take that step to reach out to God, and he will reach out to you."

I close these notes with: God, I have been listening. I know what you want me to do. You want me to use my passion for art to life you up, and I know that you are making a way. I thank you for leading me down a path. I pray however for greater courage to follow, and I thankyou for a personal relationship with you.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Comments

Popular Posts