A Church Note From Hipps

Good Morning Travelers!

Yes Tahlib, that did help quite a bit.  It also made me realize I am still in the process of trying to get pregnant (oh boy, that could be taken a couple of ways...LOL) but I think you know what I mean.


As of late, I've not been attending services.  I pretty much use the beach as my 'spiritual time'.  There is a church I would love to try, it's called the Sunshine Cathedral, but I've yet to.  There always seems to be something going on, whether it be crew practice or the once-a-week opportunity to lay in bed past 5 am.  I know, no excuse, but I really wish the service was later as the church is about a 25-30 minute drive for me.   I've emailed a couple places of worship close to where I live, but they don't accept the LGBT community and therefore I don't accept them.  I know that's bad too, but after gayagenda all week long, I also need a break, and if I went into a church that started in, I would probably speak out.  I don't want to be in the local papers.

As far as the souvenir, that's sounds great.  I don't mean to be particular, but I've sent a picture to for you to use as a guide to help you make the right choice while picking my souvenir out.

Hope you're enjoying your vacation.  Vacations are great!

I'm going to New Orleans in August for a few days.  Should be good to get away.  I love the music and art scene there. 

Talk to you soon!

James



On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 9:21 AM, <tahlib@aol.com> wrote:

No bother at all!. I am checking email in mornings just for reasons like this. The Hotlanta man I'm sending you is a bit young in body, but mature in mind. I hope that's fine (smile). So, how did my response to that statement about pregnancy work out for you? Also, thanks for the link to the chuch. Maybe you'll take us to it when we come visit. Where do you go now...if anywhere?













-----Original Message-----
From: James Hipps <james@vibemedia.net>
To: tahlib@aol.com
Sent: Mon, Jul 26, 2010 12:44 pm
Subject: Re: Here's one I need help with


Thanks!


Sorry to bother you on vacation!  My bad! 


Enjoy Atlanta!  Send me a souvenir...perhaps a beautiful Hotlanta man!


On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 1:29 PM, <tahlib@aol.com> wrote:
Hi James. We are great. We're on day 2 of vacation in Atlanta. My take away from that is that it's the gestation period vs. the delivery of the baby. Both spiritual growth and physical growth take a gestation period. That's my take away. Have a great day, we are off to downtown Atl.









-----Original Message-----
From: James Hipps <james@vibemedia.net>
To: Tahlib@aol.com
Sent: Mon, Jul 26, 2010 11:38 am
Subject: Here's one I need help with

Tahlib,

I used to attend this church called the Universal Truth Center and although I don't go anymore, because of how far away it is from where I live now, I still get emails.

This one is a thought for the day from the Rev. Mary Tumpkin that read:

"Pregnancy, whether physical or spiritual, is the means to an end—not the goal."

I don't get it.  Do you have any insight? 

James

ps.  Sorry to be rude, should have asked first.  Hope you're doing well.



Comments

Tahlib said…
Dear James:
This is hilarious. Actually you should go to church more often just to entertain me! I see that SC is an MCC member so the swishiness of the congregation doesn't surprise me but too bad about the boring sermon. I loved reading about your experience though and felt like I was there with you along every step (except the beach -- lol). Thanks for sharing it. I've saving it to our private blog to read whenever I need a little church lift!

Popular Posts