Sermon: Edward Wheeler @JMCC

"Making it in on Broken Pieces"


By Pres., Dr. Edward Wheeler

President, CTS

---

"Giving honor to God who is worthy of all praise. It is indeed a blessing to be here with you this morning."



"I always like to identify family members, so that when you want to talk about me, you won't do it around her." (Re: daughter Dawn)



Scripture: Acts 27:44 "broken pieces" - Paul finds himself in the middle of a storm, not of his making.



Some storms come because you did somthing, but sometimes storm come because "storms come" but you just keep in living.



Paul had something to hold onto even when everything else was falling apart.



I used to have long black hair...but someone took a picture of me from the back and I wondered why I paying so much for my haircut. I used to have a big chest, and I still have a big chest, it's just dropped down a bit lower.



What kind of God is that? God doesn't even need a ship to bring you in, but Paul's God brought everybody in on 'broken pieces'.



When I read the Gospel, I can't help but think Jesus would have had a good time here.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Comments

Popular Posts