Selling Art as an Emerging Artist, the Best Way Remains the Traditional Gallery

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS
By Ernest Disney-Britton
"Transdiction" by Derrick Carter. Courtesy of 924 Gallery
As anyone who knows me is certain, I am nuts about Arts Management, and while I enjoy my own creating, I absolutely love promoting other artists who are creating for a living, and especially religious artists. That's why I was so excited to come across a cost-benefit analysis by Liz Craine, a ceramics artist who has explored selling her creations in a variety of venues. Based on her experience, and analysis the best financial options for the emerging career artist are traditional galleries and local art fairs. The worst options are Artist Co-ops (unless you thrive on the social interaction) and National Art Tours (unless you just love to travel).  Her data is impressive, especially for the emerging artist.

Comments

Popular Posts