The Contemporary Search for "Shambala" in Boston, MA

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS
By Tahlib
"The Shambala in Modern Times" (2008) by Gonkar Gyatso
MASSACHUSETTS---For Buddhists, "Shambala" symbolizes the ideal world, or "The Pure Land" where peace reigns, wealth abounds, and no illness exists. Through September 30, the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston is exhibiting "Seeking Shambala" featuring a collection of restored 400-year-old works of art along with six contemporary works by two artists: Gonkar Gyatso (b. 1961) and Tadanori Yokoo (b. 1936). For more information, visit www.mfa.org or call 617.267.9300. The MFA is located on the Avenue of the Arts at 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.

Comments

I usually don't care for Asian art, however I like this piece and love Boston!
I like this piece too! I've also really developed a strong affection for Buddhist Art as I've learned more about Buddhism.

Popular Posts