Selling art for Israeli soldiers

JEWISH JOURNAL
For her bat mitzvah project, 12-year-old Tanya Andrusier of Bal Harbour gave 250 backpacks to Israeli soldiers with disabilities of Jewish National Fund’s Special-in-Uniform program. She raised the funds for the backpacks by selling paintings she created. Courtesy (Sergio Carmona / Courtesy)
Using her talent as an artist, 12-year-old Tanya Andrusier of Bal Harbour inspired others with her bat mitzvah project. Tanya, who recently celebrated her bat mitzvah, gave 250 backpacks to Israeli soldiers with disabilities at an Israel Defense Forces base in Israel during the summer of 2016. These soldiers are part of Jewish National Fund's Special in Uniform, an innovative program that aims to integrate young people with disabilities into the IDF. Tanya raised the funds for the backpacks by selling paintings she created. "I felt relieved that all the money was worth it because I worked really hard on this and when I gave them the backpacks and they smiled at me, I felt like I did something really great," Tanya said as she described the moment she handed the soldiers the backpacks. [link]